If you’re in the market for a web hosting company, it never hurts to know what providers offer what. In this blog post, we look at those that are DDoS protected so that you can avoid downtime and expensive costs.
Companies with DDoS Protection
If you’re looking for a web hosting provider that has DDoS protection, these are some great options to consider. SiteGround, A2 Hosting, InMotion Hosting, DreamHost, GreenGeeks, and atalnetworks all offer this type of protection to their customers. This can be a valuable feature if you’re concerned about your site being the target of a DDoS attack.
What is a DDoS Attack
A DDoS attack is a type of cyber attack that overloads a server with requests, making it unavailable to legitimate users. attackers can use botnets—networks of infected computers controlled by hackers—to launch DDoS attacks. A DDoS attack can be devastating for businesses, causing lost revenue, customers, and damage to reputation.
DDoS attacks are becoming more common and sophisticated, and they can be very difficult to defend against. Many web hosting providers claim to offer DDoS protection, but not all of them are equally effective. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the best DDoS protected web hosting providers out there.
How to Protect Your Website from a DDOS Attack
In order to protect your website from a DDOS attack, you need to choose a web hosting provider that offers DDoS protection. There are many providers out there that claim to offer this service, but not all of them are created equal. You need to make sure that the provider you choose has a robust system in place to protect your site from these attacks.
There are a few things you can do to research a potential web hosting provider’s DDoS protection capabilities. The first is to check out their customer reviews. See what other customers have said about their experience with the provider’s DDoS protection system.
You can also contact the provider directly and ask them questions about their system. Make sure you get specific details about how they would protect your site from an attack.
Once you’ve found a web hosting provider that you feel confident with, sign up for their service and make sure to implement their DDoS protection system on your site. By taking these steps, you can help ensure that your site is safe from these attacks.
Preventative Measures You Can Take
When it comes to DDoS protection, the best defense is a good offense. There are several preventative measures you can take to help protect your website from a DDoS attack:
- Use a web application firewall (WAF). A WAF is a piece of software that filters traffic to your website, blocking malicious requests and protecting your site from attack.
- Stay up-to-date with security patches. Attackers often exploit vulnerabilities in outdated software to gain access to websites. By keeping your software up-to-date, you can close these holes and make it much harder for attackers to get in.
- Use strong passwords and two-factor authentication. Weak passwords are one of the most common ways attackers gain access to websites. By using strong passwords and two-factor authentication, you can make it much harder for attackers to get into your account.
- Monitor your traffic for unusual activity. If you see sudden spikes in traffic or strange activity on your website, it could be a sign that someone is trying to mount a DDoS attack. By monitoring your traffic, you can catch an attack before it happens and take steps to mitigate it.
- Have a plan in place for when an attack does happen. Even with all of the above measures in place, there’s always a chance that your website could be hit by a DDoS attack. That’s why it’s important to have a plan in place for when an attack does happen. By having a plan, you can minimize the damage and get your website back up and running as quickly as possible.
There are a lot of web hosting providers out there, and it can be tough to know which ones actually have DDoS protection. We’ve done the research for you and compiled a list of the best providers that offer this important service. If you’re looking for a provider that can keep your site safe from DDoS attacks, then be sure to check out our list. Thanks for reading!